Tuesday

A Great Gift



A couple of weeks ago, my friend Vicki had a block garage sale. Not everyone participates, but enough so that it makes it worthwhile to park the car and shop! If you know me, you know I hate to shop, but her neighbors are so friendly and it makes for a fun day, shopping. My first stop was at Barbara's house. She had only a few items left, but one was a treasure for me! A small orange pot with a lid, heavy as all heck and looked very much like a very expensive LeCreuset piece. It was very carefully taped together with masking tape and marked, $3.00 in Barbara's special hand. I knew I had to have it especially for making gravy. I got my wallet out to pay Barb, but she refused the money. What a great gift. I argued, she bartered. Handmade cards for the wonderful gravy pot. So, here are two of those "bartered" cards. Thanks Vicki and Barbara! What a fun day.

No comments: