Saturday

Hawaiian Princess Layering Tutorial



I embossed the image onto flesh toned paper. I traced the lines in ink so it would show up better in the photo. It is not necessary to emboss every part of the image, because this is the base in which you will layer her face-arms, hair, skirt, lei and haku. Next, I cut the base out close to the embossed lines.



Emboss the face and arms again on flesh toned paper and trace in some guidelines for hair placement. I inked in her eyes and nose and used chalk for her lips and cheeks.



I used Twinkling H2O potted paints on regular white cardstock for her skirt, hair, lei and haku. After embossing, cut all the pieces out. You can see in the picture that I embossed an extra set of legs, but in the end didn't use them. I cut inbetween the individual grass pieces because I think it looks nicer, but you can either use green paper or paint the whole skirt green. Note the cutting of the skirt includes part of the arms which makes for easier placement and insures 100% coverage. Now for the layering.



Place skirt on the base matching embossed lines. I like to use Judi-kin's Trio tape. I used a marker to fill in any "white spots" behind the cut grass.



I use foam tape to place her face and arms on the base. The dimension looks nicer.


I used foam tape on her lei also.



Place her hair, matching the embossed lines on the base and face using foam tape.



Haku is next, using again, foam tape. Almost done!



I like to chalk in some of the embossed lines to add depth and emphasize some of her features. It's always fun to add a little sparkle with Stickles or Liquid Pearls.



All done! Wasn't that fun, easy and cute?

No comments: